HIGH SCHOOL (9TH – 12TH GRADE)
The purpose of Cross Voyage is to provide a 7 month engaging & intensive confirmation course for high school students to nurture their faith and make it their own.
THE VOYAGE BEGINS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2019
PASTOR HENRY HANSEN – BIDWELL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
OWN THE JOURNEY OF YOUR FAITH
Bidwell Presbyterian Church offers this exciting opportunity as part of joining in God’s restoration by daring to serve. We believe in bridging the gap across generations to develop and empower leaders to use their gifts to serve one another, the church, and the world. Cross Voyage provides the opportunity for all generations to learn and serve together.
• Monthly Teachings on the Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith, including “Who is Jesus Christ?”, “The Trinity”, “How is the Bible Inspired by God and Authoritative in My Life?”, and “What is the Christian Life and how do I Live It?”
• Weekly mentoring sessions with a mentor assigned to the student by Pastor Henry and an Elder of the church.
•Visiting other churches and other faiths on a weekend such as Beth Temple Shalom and two churches of other traditions.
•A weekend retreat in Spring.
• Must sign up and be assigned by Pastor Henry and an elder of the BPC.
• Must be able to commit to Cross Voyage’s 7th month period to meet with student(s) as a mentor.
• Mentors devote their time to helping students (1) Gain clarity in their belief in core aspects of the Christian faith by being a listening ear and discipleship, (2) help students stay on course to their commitment to finish strong so that they may be received into leadership of the church (if they so choose to serve in ministry), (3) grow in their own faith by investing time in student(s) in a meaningful way.
• Parents can be involved with Cross Voyage by encouraging students to maintain their commitment to the confirmation course.
• Parents must sign up even if they desire to be a mentor. All mentors must be approved by Pastor Henry and an elder of the church.
• Parents may attend classes to gain a better understanding of what their kids are learning and what their kids are experiencing throughout the course.
CROSS VOYAGE SCHEDULE
RETREAT TIME & LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED.
MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW JUL 21.