Salary: $15.00 /hour
The Safety Team Coordinator oversees safety programs and safety teams for Bidwell Presbyterian Church. The Safety Team Coordinator is a 10 hour a week position with 5 hours on Sundays and the other 5 hours during the week.
- High School Diploma or AA degree.
- Ability to confront and diffuse difficult situations with people visiting the BPC campus who may be suffering from mental health issues, intoxicated and/or considered in some manner a threat to the safety and well-being of our church family.
- Must be a strong leader and understand the nature of leading a group of church volunteers. Including ongoing recruitment for the teams.
- Has successfully completed CPR and first aid training, de-escalation training, and other related medical training as determined by church leadership
- The ideal candidate will have background/experience in the following areas; security, law enforcement, public safety and/or has participated in the BPC Safety Team Ministry.
- Maintain, develop, train, oversee and expand fully functioning security and safety volunteer teams.
- Schedule Safety teams for Sunday coverage and assist Safety Team leaders in finding alternate team members when needed
- Work with church ministry teams to develop and implement security and safety procedures to minimize inherent risks.
- Provide input regarding safety policies and procedures (e.g. intruder, hazmat, fire, gas leak, active shooter, firearms, bomb, kidnapping, etc.).
- Provide on-site support for all Safety Teams on Sunday mornings.
- Develop and lead a safety team on Sunday mornings.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all church members and church leaders.
- Provide weekly reports, which include any activity experienced by teams.
- Arrange proper security and safety for Children’s Ministry spaces and the sanctuaries (both at 208 W 1st Street and 131 W 1st Street).
- Regularly assess church grounds and buildings to evaluate needed security and safety services
- Utilize the talents of congregation members, including first responders, metalworkers, locksmiths, IT, landscapers, security experts, etc.
- Develop a communications plan for announcing an emergency and designate a spokesperson to set the message.
Relationships with Staff and Session Members:
The Safety Team Coordinator is expected to:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be supportive of the church and the church staff in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Participate as a valued member of a team.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The work environment is one of an office with a controlled temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.